Judge DiSalvo’s Biography
- After the end of a difficult marriage, Renee, a single mother on public assistance worked hard to improve her life. She enrolled at YSU while at the law office of DeSanto and DeSanto. Her passion for the law and justice developed and she decided to pursue her law degree. She desired to be a catalyst for change and hope for individuals. Renee graduated Summa Cum Laude in June 1993 with a BA.
- Renee continued on to the University of Akron’s School of Law while working full time at the Mahoning County Bar Association. Sworn into practice in May of 1997, Renee’s legal experience spans over 20 years. She was owner of DiSalvo Law, LLC, and formerly employed by Nationwide Insurance Trial Division, Betras, Kopp and Harshman, LLC, the City of Youngstown Prosecutor’s Office, and Mahoning County Common Pleas Mediation Department. She also taught Criminal Justice Courses at YSU and Kent University. She remains on the YSU adjunct list for YSU.
- Appointed by Governor John Kasich to fulfill the Judge Elizabeth Kobly’s unexpired term and sworn in on November 5, 2018, Renee hit the ground running. As judge she enlarged and improved upon the Suspended License Intervention Program, developed the Court’s first Human Trafficking Court and is in the process of developing a Mental Health Court. Her future are for a Getting Ahead program based on the Bridges Out of Poverty concept.
- Renee’s community and legal involvement spans over 20 years with service on boards such as: OCCHA (Organización Cívica y Cultural Hispana Americana), Angels of Easter Seals, Mahoning County Bar Association Lawyer Assistance Committee, YSU Alumni Board, Youngstown Municipal Veterans Court and the Youngstown Air Reserve Base Community Council Board. Currently, she serves as Executive Director for the “Meet Me At The Cross” organization which promotes community unity; Executive Board member for “The Bair Foundation”, an organization finding homes high risk children, and also an active member of the “Youngstown: A Crime Free Zone” anti-crime movement. She is a licensed minister through Legacy International, Leadership Network.
- Born and raised on the southside of Youngstown, Ohio, Renee was number four of five girls born to Anthony and Mary DiSalvo. She attended St. Dominic’s grade school and graduated from Woodrow Wilson High. Like most families from Youngstown, Renee’s parents instilled in her a strong belief in God and His core values, a strong work ethic, the importance of a good education, and a love of family.
- Renee is married to Michael D. Ramun, owner of a Youngstown based company, Exodus Industrial LLC. Renee’s only child, Dante LaCivita, is married to Meghan and resides in Springfield, MO. Her step-son Daniel Ramun, married to Stacy, lives locally. Michael & Renee have five grandchildren between them; Gianna, Zane and the twins, Rocco & Asher LaCivita; and Daniel Ramun (little Daniel). Renee recently lost her step-son Michael Robert Ramun.